The Board of Trustees Recognized the success of the Yellow Jacket Baseball team and Stephenville High School FFA for the 2022-2023 year.
SISD is proud of you. The future is bright.
A recording of the August 21, 2023 meeting can be found by clicking here or visiting the “Videos” section of the Board of Trustees page on the website.
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS (August 21, 2023 agenda)
- Dr. Ed Dittfurth took the Oath of Office to serve on the Board through May of 2024. An election will be called in May to fill the remainder of the unexpired term of Luke Sims who resigned his position in June 2023.
- See agenda for consent items
- Approved SRO Memorandum of Understanding with the City of Stephenville to employ an additional School Resource Officer bringing the total number of SROs serving Stephenville ISD to three.
- Parkhill/Crossland addressed the Board to provide a construction update. For more information and to hear the presentation, please view the recording from the board meeting linked above.
- Approved Agreement for Purchase of Attendance Credit if needed.
- Donny Hill will serve as Delegate and Sherrie Evans will serve as Alternate to the 2023 TASB Delegate Assembly.
Dr. Eric J. Cederstrom’s report included remarks about the great start to the school year. He thanked the SISD staff for the behind the scenes work that has taken place to make the start successful. STAAR results were shared and celebrated. SISD continues to outpace our region and state averages.
FUTURE BOARD MEETING
Monday, September 18, 2023, Open Session, 5:30 p.m., Bond Auditorium